Top 10 Full Stack Development Tools You Cannot Ignore in 2021
“Figuring out what the next big trend is, tells us what we should focus on” – Mark Zuckerberg
Over the years, web development has become an essential element in the success of every industry. With the rapidly changing business environments, the market now demands efficient full stack development tools that can cover both front-end and back-end development. With such tools, you can develop software in an agile and streamlined way. This is one of the main reasons why the preference for full stack development service is increasing rapidly.
Currently, there are plenty of full stack development tools available. From project management apps to IDEs, you will find a wide range of options to choose from. That is why, as a developer looking for the best option, it can get a little confusing. With so many options around, you cannot implement a trial-and-error selection process to find out which works for you and which doesn’t. You will end up wasting a lot of your time and resources to find the right full stack development tool, and you might not even find the tool you need.
To help you in this regard, we have come up with a list of the best full stack development tools that are available in the market. Some of these tools are already widely popular, and some are slowly gaining popularity. But all of them are more efficient, more accessible and include various features that will ultimately help you in developing full-fledged web applications.
Best full stack development tools
CodePen is one of the most popular web development tools among front-end developers. This full stack development tool lets you develop, expand websites and create test cases. It significantly simplifies web development and improves the appearance of a website.
Also, with CodePen, you can create new pages without having to write any new code, and this is possible because it has an in-built API functionality. The tool also has an active and prolific community.
Some popular organizations that use CodePen for their full stack development are World Wide Developers, CityLiv and UIUC.
Pros of CodePen:
· Allows collab feature with 2-6 people across the world
· Offers live preview update
· Provides powerful features to write CSS swiftly
· Comes with unlimited embedded themes
A wide range of businesses use Backbone.js in their full stack development processes. Some of the popular ones include Uber, Pinterest and Reddit.
Pros of Backbone.js:
· Upon changing the model, the tool automatically updates the HTML of an application.
· Provides different types of building blocks like events, models, routers, and collections that can be used for erecting client-side web apps.
· Makes code systematic, simple, and organized for full stack development.
· Contains more than 100 extensions.
· Allows developers to create client-side web apps or mobile apps.
Some popular tech companies that use WebStorm in their full stack development process include Lyft, Accenture and Bepro.
Pros of WebStorm:
· Simple UI for working with Git and other VCS (visual merge tool)
· Supports React and Angular
· Has built-in tool Spy-js for the efficient full stack development process
· Easily combines with command-line tools
Popular names that use CodeKit for their full stack development include Web Tech, BetRocket and IoEs.
Pros of CodeKit:
· Automatically refreshes browsers across multiple devices like Mac, PC, iOS, and Android.
· Allows installation of more than 600 built-in components like jQuery, Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation, Modernizr, WordPress and more with just a single click.
5. Visual Studio Code
Trivago, Alibaba Travels and Microsoft are some of the popular names that use Visual Studio Code for full stack development of their software projects.
Pros of Visual Studio Code:
· Supports TypeScript IntelliSense
· Includes multi-language IDE
· Comes with exceptional refactoring tools
· Provides simple plugins, better UI, and better git integration
One of the most popular and widely used full stack development tools, GitHub allows you to host code. It makes the means of code writing easier by minimizing errors. GitHub also has its own marketplace of apps and APIs that can make your tasks easier to manage. Additionally, it has an active community of developers who can help you in case you face any difficulty or confusion.
Some of the popular companies that use GitHub for their full stack development are Shopify, Netflix and Airbnb.
Pros of GitHub:
· Easier project management
· Offers quality coding with simple documentation process
· Simple code hosting provision
· Offers improved code writing options
· Provides enhanced safety with packages.
Slack streamlines communication which helps you effectively work with your team members. The built-in internal and external sharing alternatives allow sharing files with anyone, thus facilitating your full stack development process.
There are lots of organizations that use Slack in their tech stacks. Some popular names on the list are Airbnb, Shopify, and Pinterest.
Pros of Slack:
· Supports multi-domain switching
· Offers robust search and archiving options
· Provides flexible notification preferences
· Easy integration with Google Docs, Trello, Twitter, Asana and GitHub
8. Node Package Manager (npm)
Pros of npm:
· Manages public and private codes
· Creates and reuses a large number of free code packages
· Has a great community and comes with an audit feature
Several famous companies use Electron in their full stack development process. Some popular names include Intuit and Bepro.
Pros of Electron:
· Simplified crash reporting, debugging and profiling
· Apps built on Electron run on Mac, Windows, and Linux
· Offers native menus and notifications
TypeScript is one of the most popular full stack development tools that allows you to compile code for better application. It comes with robust features and supports static verification of the code. This tool supports various JS libraries and works on multiple platforms. It frequently gets updated, which makes it more efficient, smooth and dynamic.
The popular companies that use TypeScript for their full stack development include Slack, Stack and Vox Media.
Pros of TypeScript:
· Provides a seamless hybrid of static and dynamic typing
· Versatile type system including JS and other generic features
· Manageable across different devices and browsers
· Can be aligned with ES development for compatibility
· Supports definition files such as C/C++ header files for full stack development
· Supports various JS libraries
Full stack development for software projects is not easy. But these tools will definitely help. From writing code to communication, we have made sure that this extensive list covers a tool for every aspect of a project. The Ultimate Guide to Choose the Right Programming Language for DevOps is another valuable resource that you would be interested in.
Are you thinking of starting a new project and are looking for highly qualified and efficient full stack developers? If yes, then we can help you. Contact our experts to find out our robust services on full stack development and custom software development.